Video Tutorial for making Healing Neem Balm

This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for your continued support of this site!

A couple of years ago I published the recipe for making your own Healing Neem Balm for eczema and psoriasis. Since then, it’s become my top post and it receives hundreds, and sometimes thousands of views per day. Those who have made it have left comments in my original post and through email to let me know how it has helped them in their enduring battle against dermatitis.

The recipe is easy but showing how to make the balm through a video tutorial makes it even more simple to understand. So this week I’ve set out to make one for you that not only shows the ingredients and process but you also get to see the consistency of the final product and how it looks when you apply it to your skin.

Due to the popularity of the post I’ve also had many people asking if I offer this product through my online shop. I’m pleased to tell you that I do stock my handmade Neem Balm and even offer a demonstration of using it in this video as well. If you’re interested in finding out more please visit my online shop. I hope you find this video useful and if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the form below.

Pin this on Pinterest
Find Lovely Greens also on: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
Article Tags : , ,

1. Christy Lowery Wiggins says:

I'm so glad you did this video tutorial. I made this balm a few weeks ago. It came out very lumpy and I just realized why. I added the neem oil during the melting and let it all sit in the freezer too long.

I wonder if remelting it and whisking like crazy would get rid of some of the lumps.

Thank you for your wonderful recipes and now video tutorials.

2. Estefania Dogan says:

Thank you so much for this tutorial, it is great, I will make it for my dad 🙂 He suffer with psoriasis, not very severe, but uncomfortable enough. Would you know a nice balm to help treat candidiasis? It is a fungal condition, that affects you finger nails, it irritates the skin a lot, and its very hard to treat….. Many many thanks 🙂

• Anonymous says:

Hi I was reading the comments to get feedback and saw your question about the fungal nail infection. I had one a while ago and put vicks vaporub on it twice a day and covered with bandaids (so it didn't rub off everywhere) it went away within 2 weeks. A lot cheaper and healthier than medicines

• Anonymous says:

Also, if you have any tea tree essential oil, it helps fight fungus as well. I like to use almond oil for a carrier oil because it absorbs into the skin quicker since it is similar to the natural oils your body makes.

3. Tanya @ Lovely Greens says:

You're so welcome Estefania and please let me know how you get on with making the balm for your father?

As for Candida, I've heard of it mainly as a fungal infection inside the gut. Cutting sugar and sweets from your diet helps but in a Herbal Medicine course I took some years ago I also learned that garlic can help combat the yeast. It might not be the most aromatic therapy but if you wanted to try something natural, that's what I might do.

4. Tanya @ Lovely Greens says:

I think you're right Christy and that maybe you should try to gently reheat the balm and whisk again. It may be that you lose some of the lavender fragrance due to heat evaporation so maybe add a few more drops.

5. Not sure about neem oil; some studies have shown it can cause infertility. Is there an oil I can substitute?

• I believe those studies were on animals that took Neem oil internally. Neem is perfectly safe to use on your skin in a diluted form.

• Gayle says:

We use neem oil as an insect control spray on vegetable plants. It affects their ability to reproduce, so they can't lay eggs. I reckon you'd need to be eating spoonfuls of the stuff to do harm to yourself (in fact eating any is probably not recommended), we're millions of times bigger than those little greenfly!

• Neem oil is used in some natural toothpastes and I'm intrigued by the idea…but also not so keen on the taste (I've tasted it before!)

6. Regina says:

Hey! You are very generous.Congratulations!
    Thanks
    Regina

7. Eleven956 says:

In your ingredients you use ounces as a form of measurement. If I don't have a scale to weigh, can you give me measurements in cups, teaspoon, or tablespoons. I would really appreciate it, I would love to make this for my daughter in law who has psoriasis really bad and is afraid to see a dermatologist as she thinks they will put her on steroids. I think she will like this natural product and I hope it works for her. Thanks Theresa

8. Grace says:

Hi Tanya! I was just wanting to know how much beeswax you put in your balm? Thanks!

9. Anonymous says:

Hi Tanya,

Getting ready to make the Healing Neem Balm and would like to know how much beeswax I should add to your recipe. Thanks -Bill

10. Margaret says:

Is there an oil that could be susbstituted for the almond oil in the neem balm recipe? My grandson suffers from tree nut allergies and has eczema. I would like to make this for him, but am afraid to use the almond oil. Please advise!

11. Aman says:

hello Tanya,

Can we use it on baby ?My baby suffers from eczema.. she is under 1 yr old

Thanks

• lovelygreens says:

I’d recommend that you make the product first without the Neem oil and see how it goes. Often, even the protection that an oil-based balm can help soothe eczema! Neem oil is quite potent in scent and in power and is probably more suitable for adult skin.

12. Vince says:

what do you think about adding powdered oat meal to the recipe