Cutting Garden Journal – Review and Giveaway
The book is a journal format of Sarah Raven’s first book, the Cutting Garden, and is arranged in a practical format that you can follow throughout the year. For each month it lists flowers and shrubs that Sarah thinks are best for that time of year as well as jobs to do, information on the plants she recommends, and a project. Projects include things like a winter wreath for December and a spring globe hanging basket in May.
Flower arranging is at the heart of the book though and plenty of advice on how to grow flowers for cutting, as well as how to combine them into gorgeous bouquets can be found peppered throughout the book. Sarah also includes information on how to preserve flowers, whether it’s prolonging their shelf-life in vases or drying them to use in crafts and dried arrangements.
I’m giving away one copy of this book* on Tuesday, September 2nd. To enter, please leave a comment below or share the post promoting this book on my Facebook, Google+, or Twitter pages. To be eligible for a second entry for the giveaway, please share this post and let me know you’ve done so with a message.
* Find success with more than 50 carefully chosen cut flowers from a vast array of annuals, perennials, bulbs, shrubs, roses and trees
* Follow expert advice to sow, grow, cut and keep all of Sarah’s favourite varieties
* Use one of the three bespoke planting plans for a large cutting garden, a smaller cutting patch, and within a mixed border
* Establish key dates for sowing, staking, harvesting and propagating using helpful monthly checklists
* Learn techniques for conditioning, displaying, preserving as well as prolonging the vase-life of your arrangements
* Keep your plants and your cutting garden in good shape from January to December