Lovely Greens’ Most Popular DIYs 2016
Happy New Year!
You can re-evaluate at any time of the year but the quiet and dark days after Christmas hold few distractions. We waddle back to work after the holiday’s excesses and tend to get back to work slowly. There’s more time to think, to plan, and to mull over.
For me it’s a time to look back at the past year and think about my goals. What did well in the garden? What were my challenges in the beauty business? What do I want to accomplish this year? I’m taking notes and sketching ideas, and making plans. Part of making decisions about what I need to follow up on are looking at what did well. Below I’ve shared my best posts, images, and videos for 2016.
My top five articles from 2016
I have a lot of articles that have very good traffic but these ones are the best from 2016. The first is part of a free four-part soapmaking series that’s been around for a couple of years now. It’s helped both home-crafters and those aspiring to become soapmakers get to terms with making handmade soap.
- Part 1: Natural Soapmaking for Beginners – Ingredients
- How to Make a Better Strawberry Pallet Planter
- Handmade Healing Balm for Eczema and Psoriasis
- Advice to a New Gardener: 15 things you should know before digging in
- Plants for Free – Propagating Lavender
My top five articles written in 2016
The top five articles aren’t really too much of a surprise for me — they’ve been wildly popular since they were written. A couple of them have had steady visitors since 2012 and I’ve had countless people email to thank me for helping them with learning to make soap, creating a strawberry planter, or providing information on making an effective Eczema treatment. My most popular articles written in the past year are:
- 30 Sea Glass Ideas & Projects
- DIY Project: Personal Travel Map
- Organic Aloe Face Cream Recipe + Instructions
- DIY Wooden Table made with Pallet Wood
- Building a Wildlife Pond in the Vegetable Garden
Top Five Videos on Youtube
Blogging in text and images has been my mainstay for some time but I’m slowly moving into making more videos. You’ll find some of them embedded into posts on my blog but all of them can be watched over on my Youtube Channel. Here are my top five videos from 2016:
- How to make a better Strawberry Pallet Planter
- How to Extract Honey from Honeycomb
- How to make LUSH ‘Angels on Bare Skin’ Natural Cleanser
- How to make a Succulent Terrarium
- Plants for Free: How to Propagate Lavender from cuttings
Top Nine Images on Instagram
I really love Instagram. I think it’s because it’s just simple sharing of images and simple commenting. I follow gardeners, beekeepers, local businesses, soapmakers, world travelers, and so many more interesting people. These are my most popular images from 2016 and if you’d like to follow me, here’s my Instagram account.
People love reading my ‘How-to’s’
One thing is clear from my stats – people are learning from me. They’re learning how to make soap, create a garden, make items for the home, and whip up beauty products. If you’ve been reading DIYs from Lovely Greens and are looking for more then you won’t be disappointed. Plenty more ideas for edible gardening, and creative home and beauty projects are headed your way in 2017!
Find Lovely Greens also on: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
Browse Lovely Greens handmade soap and beauty products here.