A Woman’s Garden, a new book from Tanya Anderson of Lovely Greens, covers seven categories of useful plants, over thirty-five plant-based projects and recipes, and features women gardeners and their growing spaces
I am incredibly excited to reveal that I’ve been working on a beautiful new book for you. A Woman’s Garden Grow Beautiful Plants and Make Useful Things infuses the grow-your-own philosophy with creative ways to use what you grow. Herbalism, skincare, natural dyeing, and beautiful food. It will truly get your creative plant-based juices flowing!
The heart of A Woman’s Garden is sharing inspiring ways to use the power of plants for home and health — with helpful growing advice and step-by-step instructions for creating over 35 inspiring projects and recipes from your garden. It also introduces you to eight women who specialize in growing a particular type of plant. You’ll meet a home herbalist from Germany, an edible flower farmer from England, and a natural textile artist who grows her own dye plants. They show the possibilities of growing and making your own and that you can do it too.
Where to Get A Woman’s Garden
- USA: Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Indie Bound, Books-a-Million
- United Kingdom: Direct from Tanya, Amazon.co.uk, Bookshop.org, Waterstones, Book Depository, Books, etc., Foyles, WHSmith
- Isle of Man: Direct from the author, Bridge Bookshop, Manx National Heritage
- Canada: Amazon.ca, Indigo
- Australia: Amazon.com.au, Booktopia
- New Zealand: Mighty Ape
- France: Amazon.fr
- Germany: Amazon.de, Lehmanns, B&G
- Netherlands: Athenaeum Boekhandel
- Switzerland: Buchhaus.ch
- Belgium: Bol.com
- Denmark: Ubuy
- Spain: Amazon.es
- Japan: Amazon.co.jp
- WORLDWIDE: Book Depository
- You can also currently purchase a signed copy from the author. See her giving a sneak peek of the book in the video below.
A Woman’s Garden presents Creative Plant-based Makes
Gardens grow more than just pretty flowers. They grow well-being and a deeper connection with nature. Gardens can also produce plant material for creating homemade skincare, natural dyes, artisan crafts, delicious foods and beverages, and medicines–homegrown ways to create a wholesome lifestyle.
Making things with your hands and heart, and then sharing the fruits of your labors with friends and family, is both satisfying and soul-stirring. Learn how to grow dozens of plants and then transform them into gorgeous items to nurture yourself or gift to others, including:
- Using onion skins to dye wool
- Alkanet root and lavender soap
- Soapwort multipurpose cleaner
- Rose petal facial mist
- Edible flower ice cubes
- Healing calendula skin salve
- Paper mache leaf lanterns
- Chamomile tincture
- Gardening projects, including a herb spiral, strawberry pallet planter, and more
Growing plants for home and health
In A Woman’s Garden, you’ll be introduced to seven categories of useful plants and ways to grow them in gardens large and small. Plus, meet inspiring women gardeners from around the globe who grow and use edibles, herbs, and flowers to create natural products you can make, too. Find inspiration, healing, health, and happiness right outside your own backdoor with A Woman’s Garden.