Lavender & Honey Cookie Recipe

Honey-sweet and flavoured with Lavender

This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for your support of Lovely Greens

Edible flowers add a taste dimension that is still relatively new to many. With flavours from peppery, to cucumber-like, to deeply floral, flowers like Lavender can be used to add colour to dishes but also unusual and pleasant flavour.

This recipe is no different and combines the honey-sweet and buttery flavour of the cookie base with the aromatic flavour of lavender buds. It’s a recipe that will remind you of summer, when bees are buzzing and the sweet scent of lavender wafts in with the breeze.

Honey & Lavender Cookie Recipe - this recipe combines the honey-sweet and buttery flavour of the cookie with the aromatic flavor of edible lavender buds. Beautiful and delicious! #lavender

Honey & Lavender Cookies

makes about 36 cookies

⅔ cup / 170g melted Butter
1 cup / 215g white Sugar
¼ cup / 75g Honey
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 cups/ 300g Flour
2 tsp. Baking soda (Bicarbonate)
½ tsp. Salt
Coarse grained sugar, for rolling
2 Tbsp. Lavender buds, fresh or dried

MY LATEST VIDEOS

Make these cookies for a special occasion like Mothers Day, a birthday, or a girlie gathering. They could also be packaged up in a pretty box and given as a beautiful handmade gift. If you grow your own Lavender it can make them even more special to the lucky recipient.

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C (165°C for convection ovens)

2. Beat the melted butter, honey, and sugar until smooth.

3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well incorporated then fold in the flour, baking soda, and salt.

4. The dough will be very soft so refrigerate for at least thirty minutes and until it has firmed up.

5. Take 1.-2 Tbsp sized pieces of dough and shape it into balls. Flatten them with the palm of your hand and then roll in the coarse grained sugar, coating the whole cookie. Sprinkle the tops with lavender buds and gently press them into the cookie.

6. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and light brown in color. They’ll still be soft when you take them out so let them cool to room temperature before eating. Enjoy ~

Lavender Cookie Recipe - this recipe combines the honey-sweet and buttery flavour of the cookie with the aromatic flavor of edible lavender flowers. Beautiful and delicious!
Honey & Lavender Cookie recipe from Lovely Greens

Honey & Lavender Cookie recipe from Lovely Greens

1. We are the Burtons says:

I these look & sound delish!!! And my son is super excited to make these for us tomorrow. We had a quick question re when to incorporate the lavender buds into the recipe . . . does it go in the dough or is it simply used to garnish & add the flavor to the tops of the delicious honey flavored delights?? Can't wait to see what other goodies you have here!! thanks so much!!! SAB

• Hi there! We messaged via Facebook about this topic but for the benefit of anyone else reading, you can choose to do either. Simply pressing them into the tops of your cookies is enough but for even more lavender flavour do try mixing them into the dough.

2. Anonymous says:

For the butter, do you use salted or non-salted?

3. Suzanne says:

Made these for a family gathering, they where amazing. I used lavender honey and it added a bit more lavender flavor.

4. Mapuana says:

Do you melt the butter in a pot of room temperture melted butter?

5. Tigra says:

I was skeptical to make these because the lack of reviews(I read lots of reviews before I jump into a recipe). Made them tonight for a friends boutique opening tomorrow and am so happy I made them. What I’m not happy about is running out of flour so I couldn’t make more. I added the lavender into the dough and used raw sugar instead of white sugar and only coated one side in sugar. They are so good. They spread a lot and came out thin with a nice crisp edge and soft center. I can’t wait to make more of these cookies. Thank you for sharing this. Perfect for a tea party as well. I didn’t think my picky 4 year old would like them but he’s on cookie number 2. My house smells like lavender and honey, I want to bottle it up and wear it!

6. Christine says:

Wow!! I never leave comments but I feel I have to for this recipe! These cookies a YUMMY! I didn’t follow the recipe exactly (I’m terrible with that haha) I put the lavender directly into the dough (while mixing the wet ingredients) and added a little lemon zest. I didn’t have to refrigerate the dough …probably because if the extra volume the lavender flowers added to the recipe. I think that’s probably why mine didn’t spread out that much either. Anywhoo they’re fabulous!! Bringing them to a midsummer festival tomorrow ❤ Will probably make them again next week to bring to my ms house haha

• That’s amazing Christine — so happy that you’re so pleased with the recipe that you left a message. Really hope your friends at the Midsummer festival enjoyed them 🙂

7. lmackotn says:

I don’t usually post comments, but I felt I had to regarding these cookies. These are the best cookies ever! I now have a serious lavender addiction. I will be the first to admit that lavender is definitely an acquired taste. I have always loved the lavender chewing gum so the flavor was not new to me. I can say that my husband and son cannot stand them as it reminds them of what a urinal smells like in a public retsroom. LOL I have taken them to work and there are only a couple of co-workers that did like them, once again it is an acquired taste. Over the past three months I have made three batches. FYI- they freeze very well. Because I am the only one that eats them since my daughter is away at college I put them in a gallon ziploc and freeze the entire batch. When I want one I just grab it right from the freezer. No need to thaw!!!

• What a lovely message! Yes, lavender is an acquired taste but for those with adventurous palates it’s a real treat. Great idea with freezing the dough too — I’d probably be tempted to eat it that way!

8. Katherine says:

I made these cookies following the recipe exactly, for our family reunion this summer. I used honey from our hives and lavender from my herb garden. They we’re a huge hit! Everyone loved them and they disappeared rapidly. I doubled the recipe, but wished I had made even more so there had been some left for me! I will definitely be making these again. Thank you for the wonderful recipe!