Sweet and chewy lavender and honey cookie recipe with melted butter and vanilla. A unique edible flower dish to serve at garden parties or tea parties
Edible flowers add a taste dimension that is still relatively new to many. With flavors from peppery, to cucumber-like, to deeply floral, flowers like Lavender can be used to add colour to dishes but also unusual and pleasant flavour. Almost nutty. This recipe combines a honey-sweet and buttery cookie base with the aromatic flavor of lavender buds. It’s a recipe that will remind you of summer, when bees are buzzing and the sweet scent of lavender wafts in with the breeze.
Honey & Lavender Cookies
⅔ cup / 170g melted Butter
1 cup / 215g white Sugar
¼ cup / 75g Honey
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups/ 300g Flour
2 tsp Baking soda (Bicarbonate)
½ tsp Salt
Coarse grained sugar, for rolling
2 Tbsp Lavender buds, fresh or dried
Make these cookies for a special occasion like Mothers Day, a birthday, or a girlie gathering. They could also be packaged up in a pretty box and given as a beautiful handmade gift. If you grow your own Lavender it can make them even more special to the lucky recipient.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C (165°C for convection ovens)
2. Beat the melted butter, honey, and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well incorporated then fold in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Take 1.-2 Tbsp sized pieces of dough and shape it into balls. Flatten them with the palm of your hand and then roll in the coarse grained sugar, coating the whole cookie. Sprinkle the tops with lavender buds and gently press them into the cookie.
6. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy and light brown in color. They’ll still be soft when you take them out so let them cool to room temperature before eating. Enjoy ~