An Irish Cream recipe that takes just minutes to make
This homemade Baileys Irish cream recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of your time to make
When food and drink come in fancy bottles we sometimes have it in our head that it’s complicated to make. This is often not the case and my recipe for homemade Irish cream is a prime example. Rich and creamy, it actually can taste BETTER than the original providing that you get top quality ingredients. Even then you’ll end up saving money making your own than buying it ready made.
After making homemade Kahlua I decided to try my hand at Baileys. There are literally dozens of recipes online and all seem to differ just slightly from each other. Some include egg, others call for almond extract, but all of them call for some basic ingredients which are condensed milk, cream, whiskey, chocolate, vanilla and coffee. I’ve found that by using just these will give you a delicious and fun drink that is a very close match for Baileys. It also only takes a few minutes to whip up.
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup Double cream (Heavy/Whipping Cream)
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk 400ml
- 12⁄3 cups Irish Whiskey
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp Instant coffee (regular or decaf)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Dilute the coffee crystals in a tablespoon of hot water.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl, or better yet a blender, and to whisk/blend until it's completely incorporated.
- Funnel the Irish cream into empty bottles and keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Homemade Baileys Irish cream is delicious on its own over ice but you can also use it to make creamy cocktails and tasty desserts. Enjoy!