14 Recipes for Handmade Natural Soap
Make handmade soap using all natural ingredients
It’s always a good idea to begin with a tried and tested recipe when you start making your own handmade soap. Whether you’re hoping to make it for yourself, as gifts, or to start a business, a recipe will help you succeed. Below are fourteen different soap ideas that use all natural ingredients such as essential oils, dried herbs, and mineral colors. Some of them include instructions, but please refer to my free four-part soapmaking series if you’d like to understand the process better.
1. Lavender and Rosemary Hand Soap | Lovely Greens
Gentle hand soap with lavender, rosemary, shea butter, and poppy seeds
2. Herbal Soap with Melissa Balm, Rosemary, and Peppermint | Lovely Greens
Use a herbal tea and essential oils to make a garden-fresh batch of soap
3. Old Fashioned Rose Soap | The Nerdy Farm Wife
This lovely soap features real roses, creamy shea butter and nourishing rosehip seed oil.
4. Handmade Honey and Beeswax Soap | Lovely Greens
Honey soap smells of caramelized honey and will usually turn a golden brown color.
5. Cold-Process All-Natural Handmade Soap | Garden Therapy
Includes a delicious sounding recipe for Orange Vanilla Cinnamon Soap
6. Moisturizing Shea Butter Face Soap | Lovely Greens
Makes delicate bars of soap that are perfect for cleansing all skin types including sensitive.
7. DIY Gardener’s Hand Soap in a Mason Jar | Garden Matter
A liquid hand soap with a little grit and great scent
8. Pink Grapefruit Soap | Garden Therapy
A blend of pink grapefruit and lavender essential oils and Paprika for color
9. How to Felt handmade soap | Lovely Greens
The felt you can work around a bar of soap can help make soap last longer
10. Natural Calendula Soap with citrusy essential oils | Lovely Greens
Make soap with golden calendula flower petals and sunny citronella essential oil
11. How to Make Goat’s Milk Soap From Grocery Store Items | The Nerdy Farm Wife
This recipe uses common oils and canned goat’s milk from the grocery store
12. Natural Lavender Soap | Lovely Greens
A classic and gentle recipe for natural lavender soap.
13. Earl Grey Soap with Bergamot essential oil | Lovely Greens
Bergamot is a citrusy and uplifting essential oil that’s used to flavor Earl Grey tea
14. Four Things You Should Know About Tallow Soapmaking | Eight Acres
Using Tallow can be a sustainable and inexpensive way to make handmade soap